Integrate with Prolific
This page describes how to configure a new Batch of participants that will be recruited through the Prolific recruitment service. You can read more about recruitment and batches in general on this page.
After having configured and comfirmed your batch, you'll enter this on Prolific as the Study URL.
With these so-called query parameters you can store metadata about your participant from Prolific with your Meadows data. This is not required but can help to link the participants identities.
- PROLIFIC_PID (recommended)
- Add this variable to store the participant's Prolific ID on Meadows.
- This is the ID of your Prolific "Study".
- This value denotes one specific instance when this person took part in your study, as opposed to the PROLIFIC_PID which will be the same for any study the participant with that Prolific account takes part in.
Here you should paste the Completion URL from Prolific, including the "cc" if you wish participants' contributions to automatically be accepted on Prolific. If you wish to review their contributions first, you can set the cc value to "NOCODE".
These are features of the final page on Meadows that the participant will see when they finish your experiment:
- display exit link (recommended)
- This will show a large green button that links back to Prolific.
- display completion code
- This displays the CC part of the Completion URL. This only services to give participants a sense of extra security, as the code is also supplied automatically through the Completion URL.
- display meadows alias
- This will display the Meadows nickname (of the form "adjective-animal") on the final page, which may further help in your troubleshooting communication with the participant.
- automatically forward to exit link (recommended)
- If this is selected, after 4 seconds on the thank you page, the participant's browser will take them back to Prolific.